Royal Dutch Shell
So, We will explain how to apply for Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Recruitment 2019/2020. We will talk about things like the recruitment process, the application process, salary and application portal
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Reference ID: 120839BR
Locations: Lagos and Port Harcourt
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
- If you’re a driven IT professional who has gained valuable experience in role above, this is the chance to propel and develop your career.
Where you fit in
- Information technology is critical to Shell’s businesses in Nigeria continuing to help meet the world’s growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways.
- The IT function provides capabilities that continually improve the way our business is run and is focused on aligning and simplifying IT systems to increase customer satisfaction and business value.
- You’re going to be joining a team of talented IT and Digital professionals, who relish taking initiative, think innovatively, and ready to develop new skills to be successful in a dynamic multinational environment.
What are the role?
- We are looking for high-potential Systems Engineer who will create huge impact to the growth of our business in Nigeria.
- The Systems Engineer is end-to-end responsible for the operations of the landscapes and the delivery of the day-to-day E2E application or IT infrastructure services according to the agreed Service Levels and/or Operate Level Agreements.
- You are expected to drive incident/problem resolution by managing key operational activities such as configuration, tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- You will ensure that the regulatory and compliance controls are embedded in landscape operations and assist with evidence collection. In addition, you will be a pillar in the transition activities of enhancements and project solutions.
- The operations landscape you will be looking at includes enterprise business systems such as SAP ECC6 ERP, SAP Basis and many more industry specific systems.
What we need from you
- We’re keen to hear from passionate professionals who have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- You must have excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively translate business insights to our stakeholders.
- You’re someone who is innovative and thinks out-of-the-box to be able to quickly link technical solutions with business strategy.
Ideally, you should have as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, minimum 2nd class lower
- 3-7 years of corporate IT experience
- Agile project delivery experience
- Professional certifications related to business analysis, project or programme management, systems and software engineering
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts and data/process analysis and modelling
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience in development platforms such as HTML5 – Microsoft .Net, Microsoft .Net (Services and Windows), Linux, Java, Mobile Development (IOS), Mobile Development (Android), HTML5 – SAP Application Development, Service – SAP Application Development, COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf Software)
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ , Python or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 11g/12c or the latest version, Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016 or the latest version, and awareness of HANA Database, Sybase database, SAP Solution Manager, Linux/Windows/Scripting, and ITIL.
Application Closing Date
21st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please do not apply more than once for any or all of the jobs advertised. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant’s applications
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
shell recruitment portal
shell recruitment 2019
shell recruitment process
shell recruitment nigeria
shell recruitment assessment
shell recruitment for 2019
shell recruitment form 2019
shell finance recruitment
shell career fresh graduate
shell job fair
shell graduate recruitment process
shell global recruitment
Royal Dutch Shell recruitment