Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Finance Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Senior Finance Analyst Role
- As Senior Finance Analyst at Paystack, you’ll be working on daily reconciliation of transactions processed on Paystack, managing merchant receivables, and validation of bank statements and balances.
- Other responsibilities include monthly accounting entries for P&L, balance sheet, and cash flows.
- You should be well versed in reading and understanding financial statements, including budgets.
- You’ll also help implement and maintain a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in alignment with all financial policies and compliance requirements.
- This is a full-time role is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria and you’ll report directly to the Finance Lead.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct financial analyses and reporting – including forecasting, budgeting and monthly management accounts
- Perform long term strategic planning exercises, including 3 statement financial modeling (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement)
- Assist with daily finance operations including merchant settlements, bank & processor reconciliations
- Monitor and forecast cash position, including working capital adjustments for receivables and payables
- Liaise with partners (banks and processors) to ensure optimal cost structures and verify daily settlements
- Perform and daily and weekly revenue recognition and cost optimization exercises
- Oversee expense management via accounting tools (e.g. Xero) and ensure proper GL coding and processing of expenses
- Ensure compliance of internal controls and suggest process improvements as needed
- Overseeing processing of payables including vendor payments
- Complete national and local (state) tax returns (incl. PAYE, VAT, WHT, CIT etc) and work with local tax advisors as needed for all our jurisdictions
- Determine, document and implement the Company’s internal audit policies
- Work with external auditors to perform the annual audits for all our jurisdictions
- Assist with treasury management to ensure effective capital management across our entities
- Provide training to new and existing staff, as needed
- Support overall department goals and objectives
- Fulfill other ad-hoc finance requests as requested by management
What it takes to succeed:
- You have minimum 5 years accounting experience within a multinational business or top tier accounting firm, and have mastery of IFRS accounting standards
- You are highly proficient in MS Excel
- You have fantastic written and spoken communication skills
- You are able to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- You have strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting
- You have the appetite to jump headfirst into a fast-moving, fast-growing, mission-driven team that values creativity and output
- You have the ability to turn large data sets into meaningful insights
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Have previous experience in the banking, payments, or credit card industry
- Have a ACCA, ICAN, CFA qualification
- Have experience with Xero Accounting
- Have experience with SQL
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Housing/car assistance
- Full medical coverage
- Pension contributions
- Gym membership
- Macbook pro
- Free lunch.
Application Closing Date
11:59 PM; 9th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online