Management Sciences for Health
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M&E Associate
Job ID: 13-10903
Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept / Unit PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project / Program: A607 – Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Director MEL / HMIS
- M&E Associate is to support the strengthening of the national Health Information System. This includes but not limited to the improving data analysis and use, strengthening M&E coordination platforms, supporting the electronic reporting, improving the data use culture, data quality management and supportive supervision across the ATM landscape, and supporting interventions around strengthening the national DHIS2 instance.
- Help to schedule meetings, collate required documents for activities, reports and meetings
- Take and circulate minutes of meetings and follow up on action points from meetings and activities
- Support project stakeholder management efforts
- Provide input in the development of concept notes, activity implementation guidance documents, manuals etc
- Assist in identifying and documenting best practices.
- Provide support for the following activities:
- Development of communication products (e.g. fact sheets, success stories, technical briefs, reports, other publications) .
- Implementation of grant activities such as national DHIS2 instance support, improving e-reporting, scaling up of interventions (e.g. EMR systems), development of systems interoperability , improving reporting rates (from health facilities and community services), activities to improve data quality, activities to improve services, enhancing data use at all levels of the national data flow pipelines for ATM services, deployment of grant management/tracking tools, project data use products towards evidence-based decision making,
- Strengthening institutional capacity for HMIS – procurement of various identified equipment, development of data collection tools, support various trainings.
- Supporting the preparation and submission of donor narrative and data reports.
- Update the contact list of stakeholders
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Information Science, Data Science, Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics or any other related field.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in M&E of health interventions.
- Very strong experience in data analysis and use.
- A strong experience with the national M&E system especially as it relates to ATM.
- Very good hands-on involvement in the government and donor landscapes in M&E/HMIS.
- Experience working with key M&E/HMIS stakeholders across a multiplicity of disease programs as well experience with applicable platforms for coordinating and managing the M&E system.
- Experience in development and deployment of data quality management systems and tools.
- Experience in M&E in relation to a variety of donors [e.g. GF and PEPFAR].
- Experience with electronic medical records and interoperability of databases.
- Experience in the development of national tools and documents
- DHIS developer or super user experience is a strong advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Capacities:
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities.
- DHIS developer or super user capacity
- Ability to use national data collection and reporting tools in relation to HIV, TB and Malaria services.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Strength in using statistical soft wares is a plus.
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status