Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Applications Management
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Head, I.T
- This role will be responsible for developing and implementing of all IT application systems sourced internally (i.e. by the employees of IE); maintaining and troubleshooting IT application systems, upkeep of a secured IT environment, training and development of the staff of the IT department and the users of the IT application systems implemented across IE.
- Develop, implement and maintain IT application systems to meet the requirements of the user departments in IE and to achieve the long term strategic requirements of the company;
- Develop, implement and enforce necessary policies and procedures on the right usage of application systems and associated hardware (including PC, printers, modems and other peripherals); to ensure a secured operating environment with defined levels of authority and usage;
- Oversee the development of the appropriate information technology User Manuals / Guidance Notes;
- Develop the budget requirements and monitor expenditure on the information systems deployed to ensure that expenditure is accurately kept within agreed limits.
- Supervise the development of maintenance and support programs for all software upgrades required for;
- Ensure minimum application downtime and prompt resolution of problems.
- Review and study the functional requirements for new application systems in various and assess the options for implementation;
- Assess and evaluate different vendors available for the set functional requirements; and provide a suitable IT implementation/upgrade plan;
- Prepare a detailed migration plan for any system/software upgrade to ensure proper business continuity;
- Provide required management information on IT performance to assist with effective decision making;
- Maintain an awareness of new developments in information technology and its applications in the electricity sector and, ensure that the company makes the best use of any such developments;
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in management / implementation of IT application systems, preferably in an electricity utility
- Programming and Application Development
- Application system management – maintenance and troubleshooting
- Software development skills – C++ or C#, .Net
- Proficiency in SQL, Python and a deep knowledge of data analytics
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online