Niger Basin Authority
The Niger Basin Authority (NBA) is an Inter-Governmental Organization of West and Central Africa which is comprised of nine (9) member countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Nigeria and Chad. Its goal is to promote cooperation among its member countries and ensure integrated development in all areas of energy, water resources, agriculture, livestock, fisheries, fish farming, forestry, logging, transportation, communication and industry. NBA’s financial resources come mainly from member countries contributions and assistance of development partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Secretary
Location: Niamey, Republic of Niger
- Upon the expiration of the tenure of the current Executive Secretary’s mandate, it has become necessary to initiate the process of recruiting a new Executive Secretary in accordance with the rules and regulations of the NBA so as to enable the Extraordinary Session of the Council of Ministers preparatory to the 12th Summit make recommendations to the Heads of State and Government.
Hierarchical and Working Relationships
- The Executive Secretary reports to the Chairman of the Council of Ministers
- He/she has functional relationships with all NBA bodies.
- Good knowledge in Economic Sciences, General Administration and Finance;
- Proficient computer skills;
- Fluency in NBA official languages (English or French. Both is an advantage)
- This position is open to both male and female candidates.
- Have at least a Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s Degree, Ph.D or BAC + 5 minimum (DESS, DEA, MBA, Doctorate Degrees) in Economics, Public Administration, Public Finance, Civil Engineering or Environmental Sciences.
- Experience in the Niger Basin is an advantage.
- Have at least ten (10) years of experience of executive responsibility such as Director General of an important public service or have experience in a position of responsibility at a ministerial level.
- The person will receive allowances and benefits as defined in the Authority’s Staff Regulations.
Application Closing Date
14th February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application which must include the following documents:
- A letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- A birth certificate or statutory declaration of Age in lieu thereof;
- A Criminal Record of not less than three (3) months;
- A certificate of Nationality;
- Certified copies of Degrees, Diplomas;
- A Certified Medical Certificate;
- A Certificate of good conduct issued by previous employers
- Two (2) Passport-size photos;
- Immediate Availability.
The Application file of the candidate preselected in each member country must be sent in a sealed envelope to:
The Honourable Minister of Water Resources / Chairman of NBA Council of Ministers,
Attention: Director, Water Resources Planning and Technical Support Services / National Coordinator, National Focal Structure (NBA-NFS),
Federal Ministry of Water Resources,
Old Federal Secretariat,
Area 1, Garki,
Note: Any file submitted after the deadline above will be rejected.
For further information, contact:
The Director, Water Resources Planning and Technical Support Services / National Coordinator, National Focal Structure (NBA-NFS),
Phone No: +234- 8037033941 or +234-8033831173
E-mail: [email protected]