FarmAgric is a technology-driven agricultural company that empowers farmers through the provision of required capital and inputs using funds raised from the investing public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Analyst
- Developing and executing strategic communications plans for the foundation programmes.
- Overseeing the implementation of communications activities—including potentially supervising junior and mid-level staff, consultants, and subcontractors including social media outreach; website content management; blogging; drafting policy briefs and other documents; and multi-media content production
- Plan, execute and evaluate training programs designed to build specific skills and capacities in agriculture among key targeted audiences.
- Interface with clients, maintain good relations, negotiate timelines and deliverables.
- Participate in broader strategic planning and decision making for various international development projects and for Cloudburst business development
- Support dissemination of Farmagric Foundation and project external communications by producing and disseminating an extensive range of materials (e.g. reports, emails, meeting minutes, newsletter, brochures, fact sheets, etc.).
- Assist with FarmAgric foundation business development activities, such as proposals, conferences, and thought leadership materials.
- Assist and coordinate the implementation of client and/or project communications initiatives.
- Structure, collect, process and disseminate information on Foundation’s activities;
- Assist in enhancing and promoting the Foundation’s projects, programmes activities and achievements;
- Assist for continuous improvement of internal and external communication of the Foundation;
- Implement successfully public awareness campaigns on the organization’s activities.
- Draft speeches, communiqués, press releases and reviews
- Design and structure press kits and advertisements
- Assist in drafting and designing the Foundation’s information bulletin.
- Contribute for content and design of various publications and updates for content of the Foundation’s website.
- Media coverage and support for communication related needs for meetings, press conferences, seminars etc.
- Assist in the coordination of interviews and media interactions for the Organization’s management with local, regional and international press.
- Initiate partnerships and establish strong networks with regional and international media to increase visibility and raise awareness about Foundation’s activities.
- Carry out any other assignment that may be assigned and regularly at short notice.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience developing innovative and content-sensitive public awareness programs, with a preference on agriculture.
- Prior experience working on donor-funded international development projects.
- Prior experience in oversight of international development communications, knowledge management and training programs and/or activities
- Ability to coordinate and manage complex communication campaigns and events.
- Knowledge of the country’s agricultural sector is a plus.
- High level of computer literacy.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Applications to: caree[email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.